HOUSE OF DREAD WAX
How To Make And Maintain The Best Natural Dreadlocks.
- These instructions have been designed to be helpful to anyone who wants dreadlocks or who has tried to grow them but has not achieved a good result in the past.
- Dread Wax Sandalwood Scented has been created as a result of seeing so many non black people’s unsuccessful attempts at growing locks. There’s no excuse now.
- Black hair, brown hair red hair, blond hair, fine hair, course hair, straight hair, curly hair ? No worries.
- Euro, Afro, Oriental, Asian hair types? No problem.
- Bald, losing hair, short hair or no hair? Sorry, can’t help!
Points To Remember Before You Start Dreading Up……
- Once you go ahead with dreading up, this technique cannot be easily undone.
- The only painless solution is to cut off your locks and start again with a cropped haircut!
- So make sure that you are ready to commit to dreads first.
- Also, if you have dandruff that is not treated before dreading up, it will be hard to get rid of later and does not look good. A wash with vinegar can help with this problem but it can return if your lifestyle and diet do not improve. Maybe improve your diet so that it includes plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, plenty of sleep, less stress etc to change the condition.
Before You start growing Dreadlocks…..Preparation!
- Your hair will need to be thoroughly cleaned, rinsed and dried before starting.
- If you have dandruff or any other scalp condition, this should be successfully treated before going any further. Avoid using products that irritate your skin. A healthy diet and staying clear of processed foods will help you keep a clear scalp.
- Sea water will help keep your head and locks nice and healthy. Dread Wax will maintain your locks in top condition too.
Get Your Dreadlocks Salon Ready
- Lets get started. What you are going to need:
- Mirror and chair
- Steel comb, ideally a Dread Comb
- Hair drier
- Small elastic bands
- Crochet needle
- Plenty of spare time
- Someone to assist you
- Sandalwood Scented Dread Wax
- Relaxed setting, nice music playing
How to Do A Dreadlock
- Start with your hair clean dry and combed.
- Use the comb to divide the hair into small sections as desired. You can start at the fringe and work back, or from the center and outwards, whichever is comfortable.
- Use the elastic bands to tie off each section of hair from the surrounding sections. Each section is going to become a dreadlock. Do not divide the hair up evenly as it will end up looking wrong. Create a random pattern for a natural look. Your assistant will be useful now!
- To start making a lock, take off the elastic band and using the comb, vigorously backcomb from the base of the hair to the tip, until the hair in completely entwined.
- Put a small amount of wax on the hands and rub the dreadlock as if you are trying to make a stick catch a fire. Add more wax if needed until the lock is firm.
- Repeat with the rest of the sections of hair. This will take some time It may even be a bit painful at times. But you should end up with a head of locks that look and feel as if you have been growing them for years.
- Your dreadlocks will be somewhat water resistant because of the wax which is excellent when swimming or surfing etc. Once your locks are established, you can soak your hair in fairly hot water which will remove the wax. In a short while your locks will become established and the use of wax will be unnecessary.
- Carefully wash your scalp and dreads. Dry completely with a hair drier and then reapply Dread Wax. Use Dread Wax as required to blend any stray hairs into the locks. Use a crochet needle to intertwine loose strands of hair. This can take some time. Your locks will keep getting better as time goes by.You should not need to regularly use wax, once your locks are established.
- Eventually a light rub of Dread Wax’s Sandalwood Oil is all your hair should need for maintaining mighty locks. Use Dread Wax as required to blend any stray hairs into the locks. Use a crochet needle to intertwine loose strands of hair. This can take some time. If you keep doing this, your locks will be getting better as time goes by.
- There are benefits to using Dread Wax’s Sandalwood Oil to maintain your dreadlocks. It can be gently and lightly rubbed into the locks after each shower or bath. The oil has anti bacterial, anti microbial and anti fungal properties and a fragrant scent which can help prevent your dreads developing a stale smell. This can occur if you sweat a lot and do not keep clean regularly.
Dreadlocks Hygiene Advise
- It is important that you keep your locks dry.
- If your locks get wet and you don’t dry them, but leave them to slowly dry, they can end up smelling frowsy.
- That’s the same rank, musty smell you get if your dirty wet clothes are left to dry unevenly in a heap.
- This can be difficult to get rid of. Avoid it by washing your locks if you have been sweating a lot and drying off with a hair drier.
- Wear a hat or tam to avoid dust and dirt.
- Be a natty dread not a nasty dread.
Dread Wax Sandalwood Scented Product Info
- One 120g container of Dread Wax Sandalwood Scented is more than enough to give you a great head of dreadlocks.
- A luxury Australian product made entirely from the finest quality natural ingredients. Dread Wax and Dread Wax’s Sandalwood Scented Oil are chemical-free, easy to use and environmentally sound.
- the finest ingredients of Coconut oil, Beeswax and Sandalwood oil are gathered from Australian tropical, forest and bush land and skillfully combined to to create this easy to use, Eco friendly and natural dreadlock wax. Satisfaction is guaranteed or your money fully refunded.
- DreadWax products have been on the market since 2001. However, online presence has only recently begun.
The Benefits Of Australian Sandalwood Oil
- The Sandalwood oil used in preparing Dread Wax is of the the finest grade, made from the rare Australian Sandalwood tree.
- This oil has many beneficial qualities including the woody scent which has been a highly prized perfume since ancient times.
- It has anti fungal, anti microbial and anti bacterial abilities, a bonus to aiding the health of your scalp and locks. It’s successful application to improving several skin conditions has lead to exciting on going research into it’s beneficial properties.
- It also has an uplifting, yet calming effect to ones mood, well known by aromatherapy practitioners.
- Sandalwood has been prized throughout the middle east and far east as an aphrodisiac for thousands of years. Watch out!
- It also excels as an aid to meditation, so is often used in temples throughout the world.
Purchase Order Info
- Sandalwood Scented Dread Wax 100 gm
- $25.00 @ AUD plus shipping
- Dread Wax Aftercare Sandalwood/Coconut Oil 15O ml
- $25.00 AUD@ plus shipping
- Please feel free to contact us to make an individual retail purchase or for trade/ wholesale arrangements.
- “Friends used to make fun of my dreads. Now I’ve got guys stopping me in the street asking how they can get their locks done too.” Sammy Thompson, Perth
- “Dread Wax works so well, we have had several youth try to steal the product off the shelf from my shop. Even when we catch them, they’ve all come back the next day to politely buy it legally and at the full price! They wouldn’t be doing that if the wax wasn’t making classy dreads. ”Julie of “Mystical Presents”, Pingelly
- Q: I have straight, fine, long blond hair. Will Dreadwax work for me?
- A: No problems!
- Q: I hear that using beeswax to make dreads is problem because it wont wash out. Is this an issue with Dread Wax?
- A: If you use just beeswax on it’s own this could be a problem due to the melting point of beeswax. However, the Dread Wax formula uses a just enough beeswax needed to help form firm dreads and it is in a diluted formula which allows it to wash out in a hot bath.
- Q: Do I need a certain type of hair to grow dreads?
- A: Anyone with long enough hair can have great dreads, and any type of hair can be dreaded up once you know how to proceed.